Saturday 11 August 2012

Men’s Javelin Final is Tonight’s Track and Field Highlight

As it’s the last night of action in the Olympic stadium tonight you’d think my attentions would be directed towards Mo Farah going for a historic second gold in the 5,000m, or Usain Bolt going for his third gold of London 2012 in the 4x100m relay, but oddly enough it isn’t either of those, I’m still excited by the prospect of watching them, but the Men’s Javelin is the one I’m looking forward to most.
I don’t know why watching several burly men with anger management issues hurl a giant pointy stick a few hundred feet appeals to me so much but it just does, I think part of the reason is that I have no idea who any of them are so in my mind any of them can step up and throw 85 m plus and win a medal.
While it’s a sport that you may only catch once every four years I would urge you not to neglect it this time out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment