Saturday 4 August 2012

GB goes Gold Crazy

Six I’ll say it again because I can’t quite believe it myself, six, Team GB have won six golds in one day, the most successful day for Brits at an Olympics since 1908. (when we were again playing host)
Earlier in the day gold was struck in the men’s four and the women’s lightweight double sculls in the rowing boats and then it was over to the ever reliable cyclists as the women matched their male counterparts by winning the team pursuit and breaking a world record
Then came golden girl Jess Ennis who won the Heptathlon, then Greg Rutherford won an unexpected gold in the long jump and finally Mo Farah became the first Brit to win 10,000m gold, all in the space of an hour.
Competing in front of a home crowd can either be seen as a help or a hindrance, but judging by what I’ve seen today I think we could do with hosting the games a bit more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment