Friday 5 April 2013

Celebrated film critic Roger Ebert dies


Numerous Hollywood actors and directors have paid tribute to US film critic Roger Ebert who has died aged 70 after a long battle with cancer.

Director Martin Scorsese, who is producing a documentary on Ebert, said it was “an incalculable loss”.

Steven Spielberg, who Ebert praised for his “talent and his flexibility”, said it was “the end of an era”.

I’ll keep my tribute short and sweet because I know there are much more interesting people with much more articulate things about the great man.

His reviews were always the first ones I looked for whenever a new movie came out, his love of cinema transcended his critiquing.

Reading his reviews were often more interesting and entertaining than actually watching the movie he writing about, I’ll miss looking out for them in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment