Wednesday 22 January 2014

123456 named worst password

The number sequence “123456”  has been named the worst password of 2013, according to new research.

It finished top in a list of the 25 most commonly used passwords, compiled from files containing millions of stolen passwords posted online last year.

The word “password”, which previously held the top spot in the rankings, slipped to number two on the list, according to SplashData, which compiled the data.

Reading this all I could think of was how lazy do you have to be to think right I need a safe and secure password that will protect all my valuable information online, I know I’ll make it 123456, what idiot does that.

If you’re one of the idiots I just mentioned and your password is 123456 or one of the rest of the top five which were:
2. password
3. 12345678
4. qwerty
5. abc123

Then frankly you deserve to have your details stolen or your accounts hacked etc. Because you’re asking for trouble for being so lazy.


Having one of these as your password if the equivalent of leaving your car unlocked overnight or going on holiday and leaving your front door open, your s**t is gonna get nicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment