Friday 1 November 2013

Man wins lottery, carries on playing and wins again

A pensioner from Florida has defied odds of 195,547,109,921,856 to one to win a lottery jackpot for the second time.

James Bozeman bagged a jackpot of $10 million (£6.25 million) last year, but that didn’t stop him playing.

 The 67-year-old continued buying tickets from his favourite shop, and stuck with his lucky numbers, only to come up trumps a second time, collecting a further $3 million (£2 million).

While I don’t begrudge anyone who wins any lottery, as it is a lottery and anyone can win it, I don’t understand why after winning $10 million this guy thought hmm I’m 67 I’ve just won $10 million, that doesn’t sound like enough I think I’m going to keep on playing.

I’d very much like to know what he had planned that he felt he needed a few million dollars more.

Yet even after winning the lottery twice and collecting a combined $13 million he plans to play again, only with different numbers, why?

The whole reason people play the lottery is so they win the jackpot and don’t have worry about money anymore and subsequently they then don’t need to buy a ticket every week and hope their numbers come up.

As this guy overcame odds of nearly 200 trillion to one to win the lottery twice I bet there’s some poor person out there who has had the most miserable time of it recently in a kind of Homer Simpson-Frank Grimes scenario.


I wonder who the Frank Grimes is in this situation, I think it has to be the guy from Texas who was struck by lightning twice in the same day, weird isn’t it how those two stories have come to light in the same week, coincidence, yes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment