Saturday 20 July 2013

Flip-flops ‘ban’ for Plymouth City Council staff

Council workers have been told not to wear flip-flops and other inappropriate clothing to work during the hot weather.

Plymouth City Council told staff they “shouldn't be showing too much flesh and flip-flops are a definite no-no”.

Unions said staff were working in “uncomfortably hot” offices.

I don’t care about this story, although I must concede I’m with Plymouth Council, I simply highlighted it because it presented me with the opportunity, which I have always took and will always take, to discuss, actually rant, about my fervent hatred of flip-flops.

They are the most annoying most stupidest item of footwear ever, and the sooner all flip-flop manufacturers go out of business and rid the world of them the better.

After a few seconds googling apparently they were invented by a New Zealander by the name of Morris Yock in the 50s, who as a result of this has now leapt into the top 10 on the list of my most hated people ever.

I don’t know why I hate an inanimate object so much, but I do and nothing would give me more pleasure than standing watching all the worlds’ flip-flops being dumped onto a giant bonfire, gleefully rubbing my hands together while they’re all reduced to a big pile of ash.


That way I’ll never have to hear that incredibly irritating noise coming at me from all directions during the summer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment