Thursday 26 July 2012

We get it Sports People are in Good Shape

This is a personal pet hate of mine, I agree it’s not that important but it still pisses me off.
I am referring to the fact that every time a British sports person achieves something, within days there is always an article that appears somewhere saying how fit they are and how superior their fitness is to the average person.
I was watching excitedly as Bradley Wiggins crossed the line to become the first Brit to win the Tour de France on Sunday, and surprise surprise today an article surfaced about how fit he is and how his resting heart rate is only 35 around half the usual average of 70.
Maybe I’m missing something here but isn’t it obvious, why are we always so shocked, of course sportsman like Wiggins are going to produce more impressive stats in fitness tests than the average man.
Guys like him have spent 10 years plus training day in day out honing their physique, yes it is impressive and I applaud those who can dedicate themselves like that, but can everyone stop acting like it’s such a big surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment