Friday 27 July 2012

It’s Showtime: Olympics Opening Ceremony Hours Away

In 2005 a man opened an envelope and said the winner is London, seven years later and the wait is finally over, because at 9pm tonight the opening ceremony will commence the cauldron will be lit, and the games can officially begin.
I for one am particularly keen for it all to start I’ve grown somewhat jaded with the hype and build up, the torch relay has seemed to go on forever, I’ve grown fed up with being told everyday by everyone 50 days to go, 49 days to go, thanks for reminding me because otherwise I would have completely forgotten.
I’m looking forward to watching most of the events, but I am still a little unsure about what to expect from tonight’s opening ceremony, I still don’t see how filling the stadium with farm yard animals represents what’s best about Britain, let’s just hope they don’t all decide to defecate on mass.
There have been a few logistical problems so far but all will be forgiven if the opening ceremony and remainder of the games pass off without any major problems, and when it all ends I beg those in the media not to produce a plethora of stories about how physically fit all the athletes are, I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment