Saturday 28 July 2012

Olympic Opening Ceremony a Success

When Danny Boyle first announced his vision for the opening ceremony, I was sceptical to say the least.
But I’m happy to admit that my concerns were misplaced as the ceremony was flawless and celebrated all that was great about Britain, from the industrial revolution right through to our contributions to the music and film industries.
Although I am split as to which bit I liked best, I’m torn between James Bond and the Queen (not the actual one) parachuting out of a helicopter, and the London Symphony Orchestra’s rendition of Chariots of Fire aided by Mr Bean (Rowan Atkinson) on the piano. (I’m calling it a tie)
The evening was capped off by an ingenious torch lighting and a quite remarkable firework display, a worldwide audience of a billion people were expected to tune in and despite any apprehensions you may have had I hope you all enjoyed it. (I certainly did)

No comments:

Post a Comment