Thursday 13 June 2013

Football manager addict land national team job

Ricardo Manetti has been hired as head coach of Namibia based on his experiences on Football Manager, following a student earning a job in the Azerbaijan Premier League following success on the same PC game last year.

Lots of people think that by leading a non-league team to the Champions League on computer game Football Manager means they could cut it in the real world and Namibia seem to agree!

This is hilarious I have never heard something so stupid, how can you hire someone based on what they did on a computer game?

Are the army going to launch a big new recruitment drive saying if you’ve achieved the rank of major or higher on Call of Duty we want you!

I’m pretty handy at the FIFA games and quickly end up with five-star teams so by this logic I should be expecting to be hired by team and put in charge of transfer policy.

If I was interviewing someone for a job, any job, and they sat across the table from me and said I think I can do the job because I play a computer game that allows to fulfil a role similar to the one available, I would not be saying you’re hired I would respond with a barrage of expletives, after I’d stopped laughing in their face obviously.

I have no idea how many other people were in contention for this job, judging by who got it I’m guessing not many, but I can’t imagine how galling it must be for a real coach with real experience to find out that some guy who plays football manager got the job over them.


Who knows maybe this is the way teams will hire their coaches in future, never mind Mourinho and Guardiola with their two real-life champions league titles we want Dave who has won seven on football manager. 

No comments:

Post a Comment