Tuesday 8 April 2014

New warning about obesity ignorance

Millions of people in the UK could be failing to recognise that they are obese - putting themselves at risk of early death, a new report suggests.

There is poor understanding of obesity-related health risks and many do not even recognise that they are obese, Nuffield Health said.

New research conducted by the charity found that two-fifths of obese people had no concerns about serious illness due to their weight.

I’m torn on my response to this because half of me thinks if there are people out there that are clearly obese but are choosing to ignore it or refusing to acknowledge it and are putting themselves at risk, then let them get on with it.

If they want to die young from a heart attack or lose a foot to diabetes all because their diet is so poor and made them so lazy they can’t even be asked to take the tiniest consideration for their health then so be it.

If they don’t care why should anybody else?

But the other half of me thinks of the millions it costs, and will continue to cost, the NHS to treat people for health problems all because they refuse to eat anything green.


Like I said I’m torn so I decided to flip a coin and it’s made my mid up for me that obese people who choose to ignore the problem should be left to get on with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment