Tuesday 13 November 2012

Pets beat grandparents

Britain’s shoppers are more likely to buy gifts for their pets than they are for their grandparents this Christmas.
A report by SAS and Verdict found that 15.8% of the 10,000 shoppers surveyed said they were buying presents for their pets, compared to the 14.3% buying for their grandparents.
I’m speechless, I mean really, I know in Britain we like to think of ourselves as animal lovers but isn’t this taking that a little too far.
Admittedly from my experience my grandparents usually don’t ask for anything or want anything, but to think that I would then go out and spend that money on a pet is crazy.
Yeah let’s buy presents for an animal that has no concept of Christmas or gift giving and has no concept of appreciation, what a productive way to spend your money, not!
I think we in the UK need a real change in attitude and priority, because as this figure shows this animal loving situation is getting out of control.   

No comments:

Post a Comment