Saturday 27 October 2012

NFL in London, why?

The NFL is back in London, and tomorrow sees the New England Patriots take on the St Louis Rams at Wembley, quick question why?
I fail to see why every year since 2007 a regular season NFL game is played in England, I don’t see whose best interests this is in, because to me it seems to benefit no-one.  
The home team in these matches lose out on playing in front of their home fans and the away side have to travel thousands of miles.
It’s like when Premier League chief Richard Scudamore suggested playing a 39th round of games with teams jetting off to all four corners of the globe to do so, the whole idea is just wrong.
If I was a fan of either of these teams I’d feel cheated by the fact that they are disappearing across the pond for a game, I’m an Arsenal fan and if I was to find out that they were off to New York to play a league game against Newcastle, I’d think WTF.
I see what the NFL are trying to do by having a game outside of America, but its shows a lack of pride and respect for the sport as they are essentially pimping out their national game, and it sounds like it’s only going to get worse.
Next year two games are going to be played here and there’s talk of having a team here, and if that proves successful a new location will be looked at for inclusion, fortunately there is a solution to this proposed madness, makes tomorrow's game the last one outsdie of the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment