Monday 23 September 2013

Man City thrash Man United 4-1

Manchester City ensured David Moyes' first derby as Manchester United manager ended in abject humiliation with a crushing victory at the Etihad Stadium.

That was a comprehensive victory and statement made by City, I said before the season started that either City or Chelsea would win the title this season and as Chelsea’s form has been indifferent, and the fact that they let their best striking option, Lukaku, go out on loan I can’t see them scoring enough goals, that is why for me City will be champions this season.

They were superb yesterday and put in the best performance of the season by a mile, United were outclassed right from the first whistle, their players looked clueless and Moyes looked out of his depth.

I’ve said it before and I’ll continue to say it throughout this season appointing Moyes was a mistake he doesn’t have the necessary experience to manage a club like Man United, he has zero experience of challenging for titles and has one game under his belt in the Champions League proper.

Those aren’t the credentials needed to manage a team that expects to challenge for the top honours every year, but for fans of all the other teams, including myself, the next few seasons should be enjoyable as United’s domination of the Premier League is over.

You may think this is an over-reaction or me jumping the gun, but I just can’t see United winning anything this season under Moyes tactically he isn’t in the same league as Pelligrini and Mourinho and that’s why he and United will struggle. 


Also I must mention the fact that my team, Arsenal, are top and things are looking much brighter at the Emirates, while I don't think we'll be in contention this season if we can add a few more top names in January and next summer then we can become one of the main contenders once again, instead of scrapping for fourth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment